Fine jewelry designs for fall and winter 2015 are all about mixing and layering. New jewelry is being paired with classic pieces from the past, and minimalist pieces are being layered with very ornate pieces. Individuality and personalization are key aspects of wearing the new jewelry styles. If you are interested in wearing the very latest jewelry designs for Fall and Winter 2015, here are some of the new looks and how to wear them:
- Bold Chokers - Large bold chokers made of gold, sterling, platinum, and brass are now in style. Chokers are also being made of glass, leather and gemstones. One attractive look is a tooled leather choker with delicate chain fringe hanging around the entire base. All of the current choker designs are worn slightly looser than in previous years; they sit loosely on top of the collarbone.
- Longer Necklaces - Necklaces made of delicate or chunky chains are longer and hang below the breastbone. They often incorporate interesting beads in staggered stations along the entire length of the necklace. They can be worn as a single loop or doubled or tripled for a multi-chain look. Chains can also be worn in a classic "Y" configuration with a single dangling tassel.
- Layered Necklaces - Different necklaces are being layered together for a completely personalized look. There are no rules to be followed when mixing the layers. Different metals, colors, and textures are being worn together and some are even being worn with a choker. This layered look allows you to make a unique, individual statement of your own personal style.
- Breastplate Necklaces - Bold breastplate necklaces that sit on the upper chest just underneath the collarbone are very popular. These designs are being made in precious metals and are often combined with large, colorful cabochon gemstones.
- Ear Climbers - Ear climbers that follow the outer ear edge from a post on the earlobe are a new look. The climbers are made of gold, silver or platinum, and come with or without gemstones. The most important aspect of these climbers is that they perfectly follow the outside edge of the ear. This can be a dramatic look with long hair.
- Double-Sided Earrings - The new double-sided earrings have two different jewelry components, such as a carved metal ball and a crystal, on either side of an earring post. These earrings can be worn front to back, back to front, or one of each. Another double-sided earring look is to have one component on a post that sits on the earlobe and a second component that hangs down behind the ear and dangles underneath the earlobe.
- Single Statement Earrings - A bold and flamboyant single earring dangles from the earlobe to the shoulder in this new look. Wearing a single earring has been seen in the past few seasons, but the new single earring designs are bigger and bolder.
- Rings - A wrapped and coiled ring is another new style. Rings can be worn alone or on multiple fingers on the same hand. Mixing metals, gemstones, and different styles is definitely the new way to wear multiple rings. The wrapped and coiled ring allows you to get the layered look with one piece of jewelry.
- Bracelets - Bracelets are big and bold and are being made in precious metals as well as leather, glass, and enamel. Chunky cuffs and wraparound designs predominate the new looks.
There is a wide variety of new, fine jewelry styles available in jewelry stores now. All of these new pieces can be paired with your favorite jewelry from the past to make a completely new look. Get creative and express yourself with your jewelry. Check out a store like Mollie B Distinctively Different Fine Jewelry to get started.